Most businesses can spend the bulk of their cleaning budget on labour, so any procuring tools and resources that can help cut down that expense is vital in improving the bottom line. A floor scrubber can be a money-saving tool in which a business should invest in. They are very effective, can be used on a variety of surfaces, and increase productivity.
If you are in the market for a good floor scrubber, here’s what you should be looking for:
- Easy to use: A floor scrubber should be easy to use. If you can’t figure out how to use it, don’t have access to operator training video’s then it’s no good to you and isn’t saving you any time or money. It should not take you or your team members very much time to learn how to use it.
- Water tank proportionality: A scrubber’s water tank should be proportional to the machine. Larger is not always better in this regard. Some of the most efficient machines require very little cleaning solution and water.
- Being able to see past the machine: Whoever is going to be using the machine should be able to see past it and where they are going, whether they are using a ride-on or walk-behind machine. If you can’t see where you are cleaning with the machine, you could run over something or run into someone causing injury.
- Maintaining your machine: Check to see how often the model you are looking at needs maintenance. What access to you have to manuals, spare parts and can parts be sourced easily and replaced without the need of skilled labour.
- Extras: The best scrubbers come with brushes and squeegees that are easy to remove. Inquire about what comes with the purchase of a machine and what accessories you will have to purchase separately.
By keeping these issues in mind, it will help you pick out the right scrubber for your business.